Implementing Business to MES Integration Using the ANSI/ISA95 Standard (IC55E PLUS)
Instructor: Bas van de Kerkhof
Length: 8 weeks
CEU Credits: 1.4
Course Hours: Online Course – Refer to Syllabus
Price: ISA members: Training = € 1.375,- , (non-ISA members pay € 1.675,- ISA membership: € 125,-)
This course introduces the fundamental concepts of the ANSI/ISA95 standards so that students can apply them to implementing an integration between plant manufacturing systems and business systems. By understanding the object models and information flows defined in the ANSI/ISA95 standards, you will have the tools you need to specify, design, and execute a successful business to manufacturing integration project.
ISA’s online instructor-led training courses offer the benefit of a high quality ISA training course with the added advantage of studying at your own pace in the office, at home, or while traveling.
This online course utilizes online training modules, additional text materials, online evaluations, and e-mail discussions. Students will have access via email to an instructor and an opportunity to participate in live Q&A sessions with the instructor and other class participants.
This Course runs for eight (8) weeks. You will have access to ten online modules for the web/audio sessions. Your course syllabus will guide you through the course modules and provide assignments and the schedule for the live Q&A sessions.
You will be able to:
- Specify the requirements for an enterprise/control integration solution.
- Identify the issues involved in the integration of logistics to manufacturing control.
- Identify the business processes that need information from manufacturing systems.
- Identify the manufacturing control processes that need information from business systems.
- Explain the business drivers involved in integration.
- Identify the detailed information associated with enterprise/control integration.
- Discuss the roles of UML, XML, and B2MML in vertical integration.
- Apply the ISA95 object models.
You will cover:
- Standards and Models:
- ANSI/ISA95 Standards | MESA International Model | WBF B2MML XML Schemas
- Business Processes:
- Procurement | Product Cost Accounting | Product Inventory Control | Maintenance | Production Planning and Scheduling
- Production Processes:
- Detailed Production Scheduling | Production Tracking | Production Resource Management | Product Definition Management
- Information Model:
- Production Resources | Process Segments | Product Definition and Capability | Production Schedules | Production Performance
Students are asked to take the pre-exam, which includes questions related to the subject matter areas. Answers will be provided for students to assess their knowledge prior to beginning the course material.
WEEK 1 –
- Module 1: Overview and Introduction
WEEK 2 –
- Module 2: Domain Model
- Module 3: Functions, Activities, and Data Flow
WEEK 3 –
- Module 4: Major Object Definitions
- Module 5: Operations Definitions Model
WEEK 4 –
- Module 6: Overview and Review
- Module 7: UML and XML
WEEK 5 –
- Module 8: Modeling the Objects
WEEK 6 –
- Module 9: Models of Exchanged Information
- Module 10: Implementing ISA95
WEEK 7 –
- Final Examination
Your instructor has pre-recorded each course module so that you can access the course presentations on your schedule. Each module is a web/audio session.
Your instructor will organize two life sessions (each of about 4 hours) to guide you through a real case and to help you to understand the Standards, Models and Processes better.
Ask the Expert
Interact with your expert instructor via email throughout the course and through scheduled live Q&A sessions. You can expect a reply to your email within 24 hours during office hours. This email address is active during the entire course duration.
The Q&A sessions provide an opportunity for you and your classmates to speak one-on-one with the instructor. You will have an opportunity to ask any questions you may have about the course material and interact with your fellow classmates.
You will be invited to subscribe to a course listserve that includes course participants. You can use this listserve to post questions and share experience relevant to the course with other class members.
Course Resources (included with registration):
- Course noteset with slides from course modules and course syllabus
- ISA Standards:
- ANSI/ISA-95.00.01-2010 (IEC 62264-1 Mod) – Enterprise-Control System Integration, Part 1: Models and Terminology
- ANSI/ISA-95.00.02-2010 (IEC 62264-2 Mod) – Enterprise-Control System Integration, Part 2: Object Model Attributes
- ANSI/ISA-95.00.03-2013 (IEC 62264-3 Mod) – Enterprise-Control System Integration, Part 3: Activity Models of Manufacturing Operations Management
- ANSI/ISA-95.00.04-2012 – Enterprise-Control System Integration – Part 4: Objects and Attributes for Manufacturing Operations Management Integration
- ANSI/ISA-95.00.05-2013 – Enterprise-Control System Integration – Part 5: Business-to-Manufacturing Transactions
- ANSI/ISA-95.00.06-2014 – Enterprise-Control System Integration – Part 6: Messaging Service Model
- The Road to Integration: A Guide to Applying the ISA-95 Standard in Manufacturing, by Bianca Scholten
- The Hitchhiker’s Guide to Manufacturing Operations Management: ISA-95 Best Practices Book 1.0, by Charlie Gifford
- Design Patterns for Flexible Manufacturing, by Dennis Brandl