Management of Alarm Systems (IC39)
Length: 2 days
CEU Credits: 1.4
Course Hours: 8:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
This 2-day course focuses on the key activities of the alarm management lifecycle provided in the ANSI/ISA-18.2 standard, Management of Alarm Systems for the Process Industries, and the IEC version, IEC 62682. The activities include the alarm philosophy development, alarm rationalization, basic alarm design, advanced alarm techniques, HMI design for alarms, monitoring assessment, management of change, and audit. Key workshops help demonstrate the concepts of these lifecycle activities.
Participants will learn the activities of the alarm management lifecycle and how they address the common problems of alarm systems. Key benefits of attending this course include:
- Learning the best practices to improve the alarm system performance
- Learning methods to solve common alarm management problems
- Learning the metrics to measure success in alarm management
- Learning the requirements of the ANSI/ISA standard on Management of Alarm Systems
You will be able to:
- Develop an Alarm Management Philosophy
- Identify alarms
- Rationalize alarms, including classification and prioritization
- Design basic alarms
- Determine when advance alarm techniques should be used
- Document alarms for operations
- Design reports for monitoring and assessment of alarm system performance
- Manage changes to alarm systems
- Audit alarm systems
You will cover:
- The Business Case for Alarm Management
- The Common Problems in Alarm Systems
- The Alarm Management Lifecycle
- Basic Alarm Design
- Advanced Alarm Design
- HMI Design for Alarms
- Monitoring and Assessment
- Management of Change
- Starting Points for Alarm Management
- Sustaining Alarm Management
Lab and Classroom Exercises:
- Philosophy Development
- Alarm rationalization
- Alarm data analysis
Course Resources (included with registration):
Cost for ISA members: Training = € 1.375,- , (non-ISA members pay € 1.675,- ISA membership: € 125,-)
Inclusive the ISA-18 standards ($600,-) and catering
This course can be brought to your location. The expert instruction and training materials come to your facility. All you have to do is pick the time and place – we do the rest!
For more information on ISA’s Onsite Training, or for a comprehensive needs analysis, please e-mail us.
For a confidential price estimate on bringing an ISA Europe course to your location, simply complete and submit the Onsite Training Quotation Form.
If you wish to register offline, download the Training Registration Form here. If you wish to register online, click on the button below.