Hands On Introduction to Industrial Automation and Control (FG07)
This popular course combines lecture and hands-on labs to provide an overview of industrial measurement and control. Technicians, engineers, and managers will gain a basic understanding of common terminology, practices and applications used in measurement and control systems. Serves as a solid fundamental course for introduction to other ISA courses.
You will be able to:
- Understand the role of measurement and control in industrial processes
- Compare continuous, batch, and discrete control and how they are used in industry
- Interpret measurement and control terminology
- Compare the methods and devices used in temperature, pressure, level, and flow measurement
- Understand safe laboratory practices and the proper use of laboratory test equipment including instrument calibrators
- Apply hands-on skills learned in the laboratory exercises
- Connect, calibrate, and operate various measurement devices including Smart transmitters
- Understand, operate, test and tune a simple feedback control loop
- Compare different control system architectures including single loop controllers, DCS, and PLCs
- Apply ISA standards to interpret symbols and documentation
- Communicate the latest trends in measurement and control
- Communicate with measurement and control professionals
What you’ll cover:
- Concepts of Process Control: Continuous Process Control | Batch Process Control | Discrete Control | The Role of Measurement and Control in Industry | Graphic Description of Loop Components | Component Loop Dynamics
- Industrial Measurement Systems: Overview | Sensor Selection and Characteristics | Transmitters | Smart Transmitters
- Pressure Measurements: Concepts | Instruments | Differential Pressure Measurement
- Level Measurement: Concepts | Hydrostatic Head Level Measurement | Capacitance Level Measurement | Ultrasonic Level Measurement | Level Measurement by Weight
- Flow Measurement: Fluid Fundamentals | Methods and Concepts | Differential Head Flow Measurement | Velocity Flow Measurement Devices | Mass Flowmeters
- Temperature Measurement: Concepts | Thermometers | Thermocouples | RTDs | Thermistors | Temperature Transmitters
- Industrial Process Control: Basic Feedback Control | Components | PID Control | Final Control Elements | Tuning Concepts
- Trends in Control Technologies: Smart Components | Fieldbus
- Proper Operation and Use of Test Equipment: Calibrators
This course can be brought to your location. The expert instruction and training materials come to your facility. All you have to do is pick the time and place – we do the rest!
For more information on ISA’s Onsite Training, or for a comprehensive needs analysis, please e-mail us.
For a confidential price estimate on bringing any course to your location, simply complete and submit the Onsite Training Quotation Form.