System Checkout, Testing, and Startup (EA10)
This course provides the information necessary in the Checkout, System Test, and Startup of process control systems; the learning experience is enhanced through exercises for each of the necessary stages from risk analysis through Site Acceptance Testing.
You will be able to:
- Determine the adequacy of a documentation package when given a specified start-up scenario
- Select the hardware approach that would meet the given criteria including cost effectiveness, efficacy, and reliability
- Select the best risk containment policy/procedure for given conditions
- Determine by receipt verification and an instrument commissioning matrix those instruments requiring calibration and other actions taken prior to loop testing for correct commissioning
- Identify selected loop components and connections
- Locate various loop components as to the general area of their installation
- Describe the checkout procedure to verify installation of selected loop components
- Determine the correct calibration requirements for selected instruments
- Select which identifiable sections of software coding require what degree of testing to develop a matrix for testing procedures
- Develop a plan for alarm and interlock testing that will simulate both correct and out-of-bounds conditions that will meet all given conditions
What you’ll cover:
- First Look – Prerequisites: Documentation | Risk Analysis | Safety Hardware | Shutdown Procedures | Policies and Procedures
- Instrument Commissioning: Receipt Verification | Installation Verification
- Loop Testing: Component | Loop-wide | Calibration
- Software Testing: Software Assurance | Program Test | Security Test
- Alarm/Interlock Testing: Simulation of Correct Operation | Simulation of Out-of-Bounds Conditions
- Live Test: Site Acceptance Testing | Factory Acceptance Testing | Loop Tuning
This course can be brought to your location. The expert instruction and training materials come to your facility. All you have to do is pick the time and place – we do the rest!
For more information on ISA’s Onsite Training, or for a comprehensive needs analysis, please e-mail us.
For a confidential price estimate on bringing an ISA Europe course to your location, simply complete and submit the Onsite Training Quotation Form.